Pet Emergency & Critical Care Services
Blue Ravine Animal Hospital offers veterinary emergency services and care for chronic pet conditions.
Emergency Veterinary Care and Treatment of Acute Injury or Illness
Should your pet experience the sudden onset of illness or injury, whether minor or severe, we are here to help. Our facility is equipped with advanced diagnostic, therapeutic, and monitoring equipment to provide state-of-the-art medical care.
If your pet needs to be hospitalized, you can rest assured our team will provide the individual medical attention your pet deserves. Your pet’s comfort and recovery will be a top priority with our experienced doctors and staff. Our hospitalized patient care services include intravenous (IV) therapy via infusion pumps, nursing care, patient monitoring, oxygen therapy, radiology, and surgery. A full range of laboratory tests is available to aid in diagnosis and treatment.
Veterinary Critical Care and Monitoring of Chronic Conditions
Many pets have chronic or painful conditions that require long-term management. Chronic care balances the capability and special needs of the pet with the abilities and resources of the owner. We strive to improve health, restore optimal function, and increase quality of life by identifying underlying causes and contributing factors of chronic disease or pain and addressing them while supporting healing.
Emergency Pet Care
If an emergency happens outside of our business hours, we recommend that you contact one of the following numbers immediately. Our clients have been pleased with their services, and we work with these veterinarians for all follow-up required.
24-Hour Animal Hospitals
- Vista Veterinary Specialists 7425 Greenhaven Drive, Sacramento CA 95831; (916) 231-4445
- VCA Sacramento Veterinary Referral Center Located just off Highway US 50 at the Bradshaw exit. 9801 Old Winery Place, Sacramento CA 95827; (916) 362-3111
- Loomis Basin Veterinary Clinic 3901 Sierra College Blvd., Loomis CA 9565; (916) 652-5816
- Atlantic Street Veterinary Hospital Pet Emergency Center 1100 Atlantic Street, Roseville CA 95678; (916) 783-4655
- UC Davis Veterinary Medical Teaching Hospital University of California, Davis, VMTH, One Garrod Drive, Davis CA 95616; (530) 752-1393
Other Useful Pet Emergency Resources:
- National Animal Poison Control Center Call (888) 426-4435 for assistance $65 per case unless product is covered by a sponsoring company. Credit cards are accepted.
- Pet Loss Support (877) GRIEF-10 for assistance Pet parents can receive help from the ASPCA Pet Loss Support program with the issues involved with losing your pet.