Give Your Puppy a Great Start Toward Lifelong Wellness
There’s nothing more exciting than bringing home a new addition to your family, especially a puppy! The Puppy Wellness Care Plans are designed to help you practice and maintain proper preventive health care for your new puppy and give your pet a great start toward a long, healthy life. For everything from puppy shots to a healthy diet and proper socialization, we are here to help with your new family member.
The first few months of your puppy’s life are the time when he or she is most at risk from contagious diseases and parasites and in need of many vaccines. Regular veterinary care, vaccinations, socialization, and training advice are essential components to keep your newest family member as healthy as possible. To achieve this goal, we offer two different Puppy Wellness Care Plans.
Puppy Wellness Care Plans Tailored to Meet Your Needs
Examination, vaccination, deworming, and parasite control should ideally begin when puppies are 6–8 weeks of age. If a puppy is younger, early examination and/or deworming may still be beneficial. Puppies should be seen at 3–4 week intervals until the age of 4 months. If vaccinations are begun for a puppy older than 4 months, boosters 3–4 weeks after initial vaccinations are still needed.
Basic Puppy Wellness Care Plan
This plan is for puppies with a low risk of exposure to disease and includes the following:
- Unlimited physical exams for six months from the purchase date of package. Complete physical examinations help evaluate your puppy for any congenital abnormalities or other signs of illness as well as help initiate proper nutrition, socialization, and housetraining.
- Core vaccinations —These are recommended or required by law for all puppies.
- Six months of heartworm preventive (Heartgard)
- Permanent microchip identification—This can be performed at any visit or during the spay/neuter surgery.
- Up to two fecal exams —Used to screen for internal parasites.
- Up to two dewormings
Premium Puppy Wellness Care Plan
This plan is for puppies with a higher risk of disease exposure. This includes dogs with tick exposure, as well as dogs that hunt, camp, or travel. The Premium Puppy Wellness Care Plan includes everything included in the Basic Puppy Wellness Care Plan, plus:
- Additional Protective Vaccinations
- Six months of flea and tick preventive (NexGard, Frontline, Revolution, Trifexis)
** 6 months of flea control (NexGard, Frontline, Revolution, Trifexis) may be added to the Basic Puppy Package for an additional fee.
We Also Offer Pet Spaying or Neutering
For an additional charge, Blue Ravine Animal Hospital provides spaying and neutering services. Our onsite laboratory and advanced surgical suite are designed to perform superior veterinary surgery procedures. Your pet’s safety and comfort are important to us, and our experienced veterinary team will monitor your pet throughout the procedure and recovery. During your puppy’s wellness exam, we are available to discuss the procedure and the benefits to your pet.
We look forward to meeting the new addition to your family. Please contact us to schedule your puppy wellness visit or to ask about the pricing for our wellness packages.